"Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship."

Monday, November 8, 2010

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I made this on Sunday to go with our pesto pasta dinner and it turned out sooo good! A perfect recipe for an appetizer or party plus spinach and artichokes are super healthy for you. A slightly different recipe for a cold spinach dip was originally given to me by my friend Trudi, but I decided to make the hot one...This is super easy AND both cold and hot recipes are on the back of the package even though I omitted a couple items. This is what I always want to order when I go out to restaurants and I am so happy I can make it on my own now!

HOT SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP
1 packet Knorr Vegetable recipe mix (yellow package found on soup mix isle)
1- 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup mayonaisse
1- 10oz. bag of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (I used fresh spinach, cut it up, steamed it drained it on paper towel)
1- 14oz. jar artichokes, cut into smaller pieces
1/2 cup cheddar cheese or whatever kind you like
(I didn't add garlic cloves or water chestnuts like the recipe calls for, and used less cheese and it was still really good)

Add all ingredients together except for some of the cheese. Put in a 2 quart or smaller glass baking dish, sprinkle rest of cheese on top and bake at '350 for about 30 minutes or until hot.

Eat with sour dough bread, chips or whatever you like best.

I LOVE healthy yummy recipes, this is a winner for me for sure :)







1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love spinach and artichoke dip. I will definitely have to try that recipe! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete