"Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship."

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Health 101

So...its the new year. I get really excited about new things and hobbies to do, resolutions etc. The last three years in fact I have been amazing at typing up several resolutions on several pages and looking at them monthly to see how I am coming along. Looking back at them this month and deciding what I get to choose for 2011 was pretty cool seeing that I actually have grown and achieved several things! Tonight I was inspired about something I have been wanting to do for awhile. We had a church activity focused on nutrition, healthy bodies, approving of yourself however you look and paying more attention to how you FEEL instead of how much you weigh, eat ETC ETC ETC :) Some of you know that I graduated from nursing school last year. The human body and health essentially is a fascination of mine. Nursing school was awesome for me because I absolutely LOVED learning about how to make your body work better and best, and how to make it function properly. Its incredible to learn about how tiny chemicals can affect the cells in your body and amazing how the body can repair itself! All are miracles. I just love all of it. For this reason, I also love to teach about health. It's weird how people now ask me about diseases or procedures because of my degree. Even though I don't know everything about the body and probably never will because of its complexity, I love to share my knowledge and if I don't have it, try to find out the answers to their questions. When I was little I always told my MOM I wanted to be a doctor! Even though I admire that profession, its not a reality for me and for my life's goals and dreams, but a nurse is next best!

For 2011, a resolution of mine is to post nutritional or health information on this blog weekly for you to read. Some things will deal with foods to eat, nutritional supplements (herbs for example; I Love Natural!), things to help combat colds, sicknesses etc. or just things that I have learned to love. I also believe that the mind and body work together on MANY things! Being mentally healthy is also so important...

ENJOY my Health 101!

2 comments: