"Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship."

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Up to date happenings....

We've had a lot of eventful things going on lately... Here is a summary of the past week. We were able to go to the hospital (IMC) and meet our new nephew, Tyson!... I will touch on this more at the bottom...

Over the weekend we also had the chance to hang out with our friends Ben & Britt! We watched the Jazz game for a bit then headed over to Leatherby's where they had never been!? It is BY FAR one of my families favorite dessert spots and we love it including the amazing caramel topping. We also were able to use our Happening's book for the first time for some sundaes...Yum! (love saving money) Thanks for the fun night!



Josh and I both worked on Saturday...Then he was off to Priesthood session and I met up with my Mom and sister Cumorah to go out to eat. We went to Mimi's Cafe, another family favorite and then went to the mall after to buy a couple items. I love hanging out with my family and it was a great night just having fun with the girls. Saturday was also our Seven Month Anniversary!

Sunday we celebrated another birthday...Josh's brother Andrew! He really is a stellar kid, funny and hard working and should be dating an amazing girl but hasn't found her yet... After Priesthood session he is going to take it a little more serious :) We gave him some tires for his motorcycle as well as a roost guard...It was a fun day and we got to eat a delicious dinner and eat cake.




Thursday, Tyson was born at 6:07pm...I was actually able to sit in on this amazing event and be a support to my sister and it was an experience I won't forget (Labor is incredibly hard work...). Despite my sister hemorrhaging pretty bad and the baby swallowing some meconium, everything turned out just perfect. I've learned that every baby is a miracle. There are so many things that can happen and it is a real blessing to have a healthy mom and baby. The labor was intense but I learned a lot about nursing and the medical field just by observing. It actually sort of peaked my interest in becoming an L&D nurse which I will have to explore. It was good to have a refresher and see things that could have been better also, especially on the nurses part. I often hear stories and have experiences with bad health care and it makes me frustrated because I know people deserve the best care. Hopefully I can do a better job than what I have seen and heard...






Such a darling boy and I look forward to seeing him more! Nieces and nephews are the best :)


4 comments:

  1. Yay! What a fun post to read. and I LOVE your new layout and all the info on the side! I don't know if mom told or not, but we MIGHT see you this weekend! (but probably not. yet I still have my hopes up :)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She DID tell me and I we will be way happy if you do make it! I heard little Urb is walking too :) How exciting... And thank you for the compliment, I finally figured out how to change fonts and stuff ha...Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a blog! Yay, I'm so glad we found each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, we had a good time, twice in 1 week! Lets go back. I want to get our waiter's deseret, "The Judi"

    ReplyDelete