"Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship."

Friday, May 6, 2011

Stillwater and some good news :)

This last weekend we took a much needed break and mini vacay and headed up to Heber to stay at the Stillwater Lodge, which overlooks Jordanelle reservoir. It is so nice to get away from things sometimes, take a break, relax, realize that life is just what you make it and are able to see the peace and blessings from the Lord. Josh and I had a fairly busy and somewhat stressful week (his finals and I was sick for almost two weeks with a cough and cold, and some lack of sleep). Anyhow, I believe that vacations= healing :)




Some highlights of our trip included...
  • Hot tubbing outside in a huge snow storm right after we arrived
  • Eating at "The Hub"... mmmm scones, but driving around and checking out ALL the restaurants in the whole town before we decided :)
  • Visiting old family friends of Josh's...The Daniels family
  • Me breaking out in an allergic reaction at this friends house...Red itchy eyes, hives on chin, itchy throat, runny nose, I was a mess! Thankful for antihistamines...wow
  • Josh taking care of me in my crisis... :)
  • Getting ice cream out of the vending machine at our Hotel!
  • Playing air hockey and whooping Josh... But the score board was broken so it really looked like it was 5-3 (josh) where it was really about 10-4 (me)... ha ha
  • Josh whooping me at Foosball...
  • The amazingly tall showers, so Josh didn't have to bend down at ALL...!
  • Waking up early to an amazing snow covered scenery, blue sky and beautiful mountains.
  • And then...Sleeping in!
  • Shopping at the Outlets
  • Going to see The Kings Speech at the dollar theatre, so good
  • Oh...We forgot our camera, so no real pics here ;(
It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend... AND I can't wait to take more trips because...

I GOT A NEW JOB WITH DELTA!!!

Holy cow, I have been waiting for this dream job...My sister and friend assisted with getting me a part-time postition with benefits including FREE FLIGHTS, yes friends...I just can't not share this exciting news. WE ARE SO EXCITED TO TRAVEL!!!!!!

And there are MANY spots on the map we are hoping to go and see. It is a dream for me and it's coming true :)

Also, Happy Birthday Grandma Ann & Cinco De Mayo yesterday!


Honeymoon: Mayan Riviera 2010

5 comments:

  1. I am loving the idea of us being friends. :) lol, and you are so cute. I didn't know you ran races! Thats awesome! I have been wanting to do a 10k this year! Congrats on the new job! That is way awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Delta job!! woo! That makes me want to work there too!! happy for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! YAY!!! YAY!!! We have always wanted someone in our family to work for Delta!!!! And now you can come see us!!!!! This is the best news ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love travelling! so jealous! i wanna hear details!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news! You open to double this weekend?

    ReplyDelete